Wednesday 14 January 2009

Page 32

a. Write definitions for words 1 to 6.

1.An astrologer is a person who writes horoscopes

2. The horoscope is a text which/that predicts the future

3. The toe-reader is a person who reads toes

4.The childhood is a time when you are a child

5.The psychologist is a person that studies the human mind

6.The school is a place where you study


b.Complete the sentences

1.I like people who are impulsive.

2.Autumn is the time when I’m the happiest.

3.Cáceres is a place where you can see a lot of monuments

4.I prefer listening to music which isn’t aggressive.

5.Learning vocabulary is something which I find difficult.

6.I’m a person who likes being sociable.

7.I’ll never forget the day when I first met my girlfriend

8.I don’t understand people who are always playing computer games.


3. Rewrite the sentences

1. I like people that are impulsive.

4. I prefer listening to music that isn’t aggressive.

5. Learning vocabulary is something that I find difficult.

6. I’m a person that likes being sociable.



2. Who and whose

1.Marco, who’s always sensitive, listened to my problems.

2.Do you know the person who’s sitting next to Paul?

3.I prefer people whose ideas are more balanced.

4.I think that he’s the man who's been on tv.

5.The prize went to Cindy, whose work is always so expressive.

6.There are some people who worry a lot about their horoscope.

3. Omission of relative pronouns

1. I love the old house where I grew up.
2. Helen is the student who pays the most attention.
3. I remember the summer (when) I met you.
4. That's the book about psycology (which/that) I bought for Jane.
5. Gareth is an exciting designer whose work is very modern.
6. Nobody understood the problems (which/that) I tried to solve.
7. It's a very special place where people can really relax.

No comments: